Dr. Jennifer Luis, BSc., BEd., ND
Associate, Vitalia Healthcare Naturopath
Dr. Jennifer Luis completed her undergraduate degrees in Cell Biology/Genetics and a Bachelor of Education at the University of British Columbia. After teaching secondary school in Vancouver for years, she completed her 4-year Naturopathic medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in British Columbia.
By seeking the underlying cause of “dis-ease” and treating the whole person using naturopathic principles, Dr. Luis offers individualized treatment plans that help her patients reach their goals and achieve optimal health. With experience and a love of teaching, Dr. Luis enjoys educating patients to help make positive lifestyle and health-related decisions.
Some examples of commonly treated conditions include:
- Women’s health – hormone imbalances, pre and post partum concerns, infertility, menopause, PCOS, PMS
- Digestion – IBS, IBD, food allergies, ulcers, Candida, parasites, gallstones
- Auto-immune diseases and thyroid disorders
- Cancer and cancer prevention
- Cardiovascular disorders, diabetes
- Skin conditions – Acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea
- General – weight gain, fatigue, stress, depression, insomnia, headache, allergies
- Infections, cold and flu, ear infections
- Muscle pain, strains, back pain, tendonitis, joint injuries and disease
- Pediatrics – frequent illness, ear infections, skin disorders, behavior, abdominal pain, bed wetting, allergies
- Health visits and physical exams for general wellness in men, women, adolescents, children and infants
- Prevention of illness and disease, maintenance of health
Dr. Luis uses a variety of manual treatments to improve health such as acupuncture, Bowen therapy and neural therapy along with IV therapy and chelation. Diet and nutrition counseling are a part of each treatment plan and any deficiencies will be addressed with foods and supplements as required. Having 3 children herself, Dr. Luis has a special interest in pediatrics, pregnancy, pre/post conception and hormone-balancing.
Dr. Luis is licensed by and in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC and is a member of both the BC Naturopathic Association and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. Dr. Luis also holds a license to prescribe pharmaceutical agents in BC.