Naturopathic Weight Loss
Have you had difficulties losing weight? Have you lost pounds following a diet, only to gain the weight back once you return to your original eating habits? Do you feel tired most of the time? Do you crave sugar or salt? Do you follow a strict diet and exercise program but cannot seem to lose weight? Has your weight loss hit a plateau?
If you answered YES to any of the above, your metabolism may be to blame.
Approximately $40 to $60 billion dollars a year is spent in the weight loss industry. Over 100 million people in the US are on a formal “diet”. 85% are female. Despite this, obesity rates continue to rise.
We have all heard it; “DIETS DON’T WORK!” While it is true a low calorie diet will result in pounds lost, the weight loss is not maintained. You can lose muscle on this type of diet which ultimately lowers your metabolism further. The end result is an even slower metabolism. Instead of focusing on weight loss, the Naturopathic Doctors at Vitalia Health Care focus on Weight Management.
Weight management includes a strong metabolism, a healthy nutrition plan and exercise. Our Naturopathic Doctors will discuss these parameters with you, making recommendations based on your body’s needs and your lifestyle. Eating well and exercising does not need to be difficult. You should never feel deprived. Food can be nutrient dense, low calorie and tasty. Let us show you how!
Metabolism is the energy (in calories) that our body expends every day. Lean muscle mass is the key to astrong metabolism.
During the initial stage of your metabolic program, specific aspects of your metabolism will be investigated. A thorough medical history and specific lab tests will be ordered.
Specific areas that will be addressed include but are not limited to:
- Digestive health including addressing constipation, indigestion and malabsorption of nutrients.
- Hormone balance including Sex hormones, Stress hormones and Thyroid function
- Optimize liver function
- Identify and treat Insulin Resistance.
Laboratory Tests include but are not limited to:
Treatment considerations to improve your metabolism include:
- Treat metabolic imbalances using diet, supplements, plant therapies, nutritional supplements and intravenous vitamin therapy
- Balance hormones which may include Bio-identical Hormones and Natural Thyroid replacement
- Balance stress/adrenal hormones through lifestyle recommendations, nutritional supplements and Intravenous therapy
- Identification and elimination of food sensitivities. If you gain 2-5 pounds over a course of a day, you may be retaining fluid and food sensitivities may be to blame.
- Metabolic booster injections
- Optimize digestive health
- Balance the Gut microbiome in favor of beneficial bacteria such as Bacteroides.Through emerging research we are gaining insights into the role our gut flora plays in our metabolism and weight loss.
While we work with you to optimize your metabolism, we provide nutrition and lifestyle management recommendations through:
- Nutrition and diet recommendations based on your Basal Metabolic Rate and activity level.
- Specific dietary support including samples menus, guidance in menu planning and healthy, tasty recipes.
- On-going evaluations of your dietary plan with recommendations and support if you find the dietary guidelines to be challenging. We understand life gets busy and cooking can be difficult. Our Doctors also lead busy lives and can provide great ideas to simplify your menu planning with convenience being the top priority.
- Monthly Body Composition Assessments to monitor your progress.
Reducing your body fat percentage by at least 10%, reducing your waist circumference and increasing lean muscle mass will significantly reduce your risk of serious health conditions such as heart disease,diabetes, fatty liver and having a stroke. Our main priority is your health. Weight management is a part of maintaining health.
Schedule an appointment today with one of our highly experienced Naturopathic Doctors to discuss your weight loss goals. Again, the key to any successful weight management program is to optimize your metabolism. Our Naturopathic Doctors are trained in identifying and treating metabolic imbalances.Don’t let a sluggish metabolism affect your weight loss. Call us today!